- ViewSonic can obtain personal data from you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and email address) in order to process any requests you may make, from a number of different sources:
- When you search for or request details on services or products from the Website, for example, registering a ViewSonic product online or entering a competition.
- Via your individual IP location. This is a necessary function of the Website that enables ViewSonic to return details of information you have searched for, and in order for ViewSonic to diagnose problems with its server and to administer the website.
- 3. ViewSonic uses a third party tool Google Analytics, to analyse traffic on the Website. Google Analytics does not create individual profiles for visitors. Unlike some tracking services, Google Analytics does not have a database of individual profiles for each visitor. Google Analytics only collects aggregate data.
Like many web sites today, ViewSonic uses small text files (cookies) to support features like login and allow trusted media partners to analyse aggregated site usage . A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to store on a web browser. This is useful for having the browser remember some specific information. The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
- Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. You can choose to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the choice of deciding whether to accept it. For more information about deleting or disabling cookies, see: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
- ViewSonic might request additional information from you in other areas or in the future. You may choose not to provide this information. ViewSonic might also ask for information about your interests, or for feedback about the Website so that it can improve the Website and/or its service. Providing ViewSonic with this information is always optional. In addition to the information ViewSonic collects directly from you, it also monitors and tracks usage of our website, viewing and traffic patterns, customer behaviour, and other similar information. This information is compiled into a statistical aggregate. This aggregate information is also used, in conjunction with your personal information, for ViewSonic’s internal business and administrative purposes including improvements to the Website, ViewSonic’s product and service offerings, its operations, or its customer service.
- ViewSonic might also use your personal information from time to time to send you notices about special offers, new products, services, promotions, and other similar information unless you have indicated to ViewSonic that you do not wish to receive such information.
- Any communication or material you transmit to ViewSonic over this website, by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, or suggestions will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. ViewSonic may use anything you transmit or post to its affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, ViewSonic is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to this website for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
- You have the right to ask ViewSonic not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by ViewSonic. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, and any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet ViewSonic’s costs in providing you with details on the personal data it holds about you.
- ViewSonic operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and any amendments thereto.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information ViewSonic holds about you may write to ViewSonic at ViewSonic Europe Ltd., Level 10, Tower 42, 25 Old Broad Street London, EC2N 1HQ United Kingdom.
Document date: 24/01/2013