Welcome to the ViewSonic Warranty page
|ViewSonic Product Family||UK|
|3D products [Camera, Camcorders, 3D DPF]||2 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|Digital Media Players [VMP Series]||1 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|Digital Photo Frames||1 Year Return to Base|
|eBook||1 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|Monitors (VA / VX Series)||2 Year Swap|
|Monitors (VG, VP and TD Series)||3 Year Swap|
|LED-TV||2 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|Mini PC [VOT series]||1 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|Netbook||2 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|Projector (PJD5 Series - except PJD5452s and PJD5482s)||2 Year Swap [Lamp 1 Year or 1000 hours]|
|Projector (PJD5453s, PJD5483s, PJD6, PJD7, PJD8 and Pro Series)||3 Year Swap [Lamp 1 Year or 1000 hours]|
|Projector [PLED Series]||2 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|Smart Phone [V350]||2 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|Viewbook||2 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|ViewPads [7, 10s, 10, 10p]||2 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|ViewPads [7e, 10e]||1 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|Smart Display [VSD Series]||1 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|Cloud Display [CDS]||3 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|Zero/Thin Clients [SC]||3 Year Swap|
|Andriod Smart Displays [SD]||3 Year Swap|
|Network Media Player [NMP Series]||1 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|Wireless Gateway [WPG Series]||1 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
|Included Accessories [Battery, Power Supplies, Cables, Remotes, 3D Glasses etc]||1 Year Return to Base|
|Commercial Display [Up to and including 55"]||3 Year Swap|
|Commercial Display [Larger than 55"]||3 Year Onsite Repair|
|ePosters Wall Mounted [Up to and including 55"]||3 Year Swap|
|ePosters Wall Mounted [Larger than 55"]||3 Year Onsite Repair|
|ePosters Floor Standing||3 Year Onsite Repair|
|ePosters 10"||2 Year Pick Up, Repair and Return|
Terms and Conditions of Warranty
ViewSonic® Limited Warranty
ViewSonic provides customers with the security of a manufacturers warranty against defected products. The type and duration of the applicable warranty service varies by product type, country of purchase and can also vary on an individual basis according to customer requirements agreed at time of purchase. The warranty will expire after the end of the warranty period.
For a product for which the unit serial number is known, you can check the specific warranty entitlement by contacting our Call Desks, information is available by visiting www.viewsoniceurope.com.
What the warranty covers:
ViewSonic warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship during the warranty period. If a product proves to be defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period, ViewSonic will, at its sole option, repair or replace the product with a similar product. Replacement Product or parts may include remanufactured or refurbished parts or components. ViewSonic provides no warranty for the third-party software included with the product or installed by the customer and does not warrant that software will meet customer’s requirements or that operation of software will be uninterrupted or error free.
During the warranty period, ViewSonic will, at its discretion, and without extra charge, as your exclusive remedy, repair or replace your product which does not comply with its warranty; or failing this, to reimburse the price of the product but reduced to take into account the use you have had from the product since it was delivered.
Who the warranty protects:
The warranty will be provided in accordance to the country of warranty request and is valid only for the first consumer purchaser from the date of original purchase (Proof-of-Purchase = Invoice).
For ViewSonic products purchased outside the European Union/EFTA, the product will carry the warranty as per the country of purchase or local warranty depending on location.
Important information for Mobile devices:
Before you contact our service & support, please ensure you have completed a factory reset on your device to ensure your problem is not software related.
The service & support department will check that you have done this before any RMA will be granted.
To perform a full Factory Reset, please contact our call centre who will be happy to assist you. If your device is not responding, please try the hard reset first, and then perform the Factory Reset.
Warning: Resetting your device will erase your device completely.
Remember to sync your personal information (such as contents and calendar) or back up to an SD card before your perform the Factory Reset
What the warranty does not cover:
- Any product, on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed.
- Damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from:
- Accident, misuse, neglect, fire, water, lightning, or other acts of nature, unauthorized product modification, or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product.
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by ViewSonic.
- Damage to or loss of any programs, data or removable storage media.
- Software or data loss occurring during repair or replacement.
- Any damage of the product due to shipment.
- Removal or installation of the product.
- Causes external to the product, such as electric power fluctuations or failure.
- Use of supplies or parts not meeting ViewSonic's specifications.
- Normal wear and tear. Damaged/Scratches to external plastics
- Failure of owner to perform periodic product maintenance as stated in User Guide, such as failure to perform periodic cleaning of user-cleanable projector filters.
- Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect.
- Any act of God, war, acts of violence or any similar occurrence.
- Failure or fluctuation of electrical power, electrical circuitry, air conditioning, humidity control or other environmental conditions.
- Abnormal operating conditions including smoke (e.g. cigarette smoke) and dust.
- Removal, installation, and set-up service charges.
- Customers personal Data. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure all personal data is backed up. As part of the repair/service procedure, Viewsonic or its authorised service partner may “re-load” the software back to the state it was when originally supplied by Viewsonic. This process will erase all personal data and settings. ViewSonic cannot be held liable for any corrupt, missing or lost personal data.
- Defects caused by Virus/Worm/Trojan infections. Virus removal is not covered under warranty and is the customer’s responsibility to ensure they are running an up to date anti-virus program.
- Depending on you usage, wear and tear might take place to such items as keyboards, external plastics, battery, and displays. These fault generated through wear and tear are not cover by the warranty and would not be considered for a free of charge warranty repair.
- In order to qualify for a DOA replacement you must return all original items in the original packaging. Everything must be in an “as new” condition. Failure to comply will result in your original product being repaired and returned to you and you will be required to send back the replacement product. If you fail to return the replacement product you will be invoice by ViewSonic, at its full value.
- If you bought the product, other than a consumer, ViewSonic disclaims all other warranties, terms and conditions expressed or implied, such as fitness for purpose and satisfactory quality
- Replacement parts used during repair may be of new, refurbished or repair quality. Replaced parts, accessories, batteries are warranted for the remainder of the warranty period. The warranty will not be extended.
How to get service:
- For information on obtaining warranty service, call your ViewSonic dealer or ViewSonic Call Desk / Service Provider or ViewSonic; refer to the contact information located in each country's corresponding web site:
- To obtain warranty service, you will be required to provide.
- The original dated sales slip. (Invoice or Proof of purchase)
- Your name.
- Your address.
- The serial number, IMEI number and the model number of the product.
- A description of the problem.
- Mobile and wireless products and All-in-One, customers should provide the user name and the password in order to access the device and perform warranty service.
- Call the dedicated warranty telephone number in each country.
- For additional information or the name of the nearest ViewSonic service centre, contact your ViewSonic dealer or ViewSonic.
Limitation of implied warranties:
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION CONTAINED HEREIN INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Exclusion of damages:
VIEWSONIC'S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT. VIEWSONIC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
- DAMAGE TO OTHER PROPERTY CAUSED BY ANY DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT, DAMAGES BASED UPON INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT, LOSS OF TIME, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF GOODWILL, INTERFERENCE WITH BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS, OR OTHER COMMERCIAL LOSS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- ANY OTHER DAMAGES, WHETHER INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE.
- ANY CLAIM AGAINST THE CUSTOMER BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
- PERSONAL DATA. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CUSTOMER TO ENSURE ALL PERSONAL DATA HAS BEEN BACKED UP. AS PART OF THE REPAIR/SERVICE PROCEDURE, VIEWSONIC MAY “RELOAD” THE CONTENTS OF YOUR HARD DRIVE BACK TO THE ORIGINAL STATE WHEN SHIPPED FROM VIEWSONIC ORGINALLY. THIS PROCESS WILL ERASE ALL CUSTOMERS PERSONAL DATA AND SETTINGS.
Effect of local law:
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from locality to locality. Some localities do not allow limitations on implied warranties and/or do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
Sales outside the European Union/ EFTA:
For ViewSonic products sold outside the European Union/ EFTA, contact your ViewSonic dealer or ViewSonic for warranty information and service.